I hate sayings like this and "It's a piece of cake!" or "Easy peasie pumpkin pie" because this pregnancy has been anything but easy!!!
I admit my first trimester was not too bad. This booger mainly just sucked all my life force out of me. When second trimester hit I was ready for the boost of energy and the unveiling of peen or no peen. Of course we were delighted by the little dingo in the ultrasound and the dreamy smiles thus ensued. We came barreling toward 3rd trimester and instead get diverted to a longterm stay in "Infection City" Oh Joy of joys!! Two months of abdominal pain and preterm labor pains. A miracle came upon us and somehow I was cured of these infections and I got two weeks of bliss. Then WHAM exhaustion hits, my hips creak, and my ankles become mylar balloons!!! We're literally at the home plate and my doctor tells me I am showing signs of pre-eclampsia. What the heck!! Have I not suffered enough? Can this pregnancy get any more difficult? Wait scratch that...I can't even ask that because I don't want to tempt fate!!! To make matters even more fun!! Do you want to know how they monitor me??? Oh this is delish!! Of course monitoring me involves a poke...by a nasty mean witch of a woman and a 24 hour urine specimen collection!!! How fun is that!!! I was given a one gallon jug, a specimen cup, and oh yes...the toilet hat. I was told to ahem...pee in said plastic cool whip looking bowl and then put product into ugly jug. This jug must be kept cool in the refridgerator at all times. Of course I draw the line at that...Hallelujiah for coolers and ice!!! This collection is degrading as it is...but then I actually have to carry around said specimen to the lab and wait in a room of people with it. To make things all the more tasty I may have to do this again next week if my blood pressure doesn't improve. Just gross...nasty gross, and all because I love my little booger growing in my uterus.
Ha!!! I am sure you needed to know all about this didn't ya!!!
Hello world!
2 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment